Category Archives: 360
With the worldwide launch of the biggest blockbuster game of the year just three weeks away, Microsoft is calling all “Halo” fans to participate in a one-of-a-kind experience: the creation of a monument of light commemorating the heroes of Noble Team and the planet Reach. Over the next three weeks, visitors to RememberReach.com can contribute a point of light that will help form a dramatic monument to “Halo: Reach.” Along with the monument’s formation, a collection of three live-action short films from acclaimed director Noam Murro will be unveiled to bring to life glimpses of what it was like living on Reach just prior to the Covenant invasion.
Visitors can explore and contribute to RememberReach.com, where a continually regenerating sculpture composed of thousands of points of light will take form, produced by a state-of-the-art robotic installation. By guiding a robotic arm to their chosen coordinates, visitors will add another light to the sculpture, honouring the heroic Spartans in the most anticipated game of 2010. The monument is constructed by special camera equipment which captures and composites the movements and light pulses from the robotic arm, which visitors can see in action on the website.
As the community bands together to create a monument to the highly anticipated launch of “Halo: Reach,” they will also be able to access other content, including a collection of dramatic live-action shorts that capture a poignant snapshot of life on the planet Reach just before the arrival of the dreaded Covenant. The stirring vignettes offer an intimate look at the lives of citizens and soldiers on Reach prior to the legendary battle that set the epic “Halo” saga in motion.
The live-action shorts are directed by Noam Murro, the award-winning director of the “Halo: Reach” “Birth of a Spartan” cinematic short and the 2008 feature film “Smart People.” A five-time nominee and 2005 winner of the Director’s Guild of America’s Director of the Year award, Murro was also recently named the U.K.’s #1 director by Campaign magazine.
Fans also won’t want to miss the world premiere of the final “Halo: Reach” live-action short, titled “Deliver Hope,” which debuts this Thursday, Aug. 26 on Halo.Xbox.com, Halo Waypoint and www.bungie.net.
“Halo: Reach” is now available for preorder at participating retailers worldwide in Standard, Limited Collectors’ and Legendary editions. The Standard Edition has an estimated retail price of £49.99, and the Limited Collectors’ and Legendary editions of the game will retail for £59.99 and £99.99 respectively, and are packed with bonus content and collectibles.
Additionally, a stunning line-up of custom-designed “Halo: Reach” hardware products are also currently available for pre-order. The Xbox 360 Limited Edition “Halo: Reach” Bundle has a suggested retail price of £249.99, and will be available on Sept. 14 exclusively at GAME and gamestation. The “Halo: Reach” Limited Edition Wireless Controller and Wireless Headset will be available on Sept. 3 for the estimated retail prices of £39.99 and £34.99, respectively.
Developed by award-winning studio Bungie exclusively for Xbox 360, “Halo: Reach” launches worldwide on Sept. 14, 2010.
- Beat It
- Billie Jean
- Earth Song
- The Girl Is Mine
- Who Is It
- Workin’ Day And Night
- And many more…
The Power of Ubisoft’s Player Projection on KinectTM for Xbox 360®
Developed by Ubisoft Montréal, Michael Jackson The Experience using the sensor for Kinect for Xbox 360, will give fans of the King of Pop the feeling of actually performing in Michael Jackson’s shoes. Ubisoft’s proprietary Player Projection technology projects the player on-screen and into the game itself, where their body will be tracked so they will see their true movements and steps reproduced in the game. This level of immersion has never been seen before and as players are surrounded by environments inspired by the music videos and live performances of each song, they will truly live the experience. The player’s performance will trigger effects, visuals and even the music itself as fans match their talent to that of the greatest artist of all time, whose music, lyrics and stunningly innovative dance moves continue to excite fans in every corner of the world.
Michael Jackson The Experience for KinectTM for Xbox 360 sensor is more than just a game as it features a combination of dancing, singing and freestyle moves. The player’s full-on singing and dancing performance takes place in jaw-dropping sets with incredible lighting, special effects, and a completely energized million-strong crowd just waiting to cheer on every move.
Here is the full list of the 90+ tracks that will be featured on Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock. The game is due for release on the 24th of September
· A Perfect Circle – “The Outsider”
· Aerosmith – “Cryin’”
· AFI – “Dancing Through Sunday”
· Alice Cooper – “No More Mr. Nice Guy”
· Alter Bridge – “Ties That Bind”
· Anberlin – “The Feel Good Drag”
· Anthrax – “Indians”
· Arch Enemy – “Nemesis”
· Atreyu – “Ravenous”
· Avenged Sevenfold – “Bat Country”
· Bad Brains – “Re-Ignition (Live)”
· Band Of Skulls – “I Know What I Am”
· Black Sabbath – “Children Of The Grave”
· Blind Melon – “Tones Of Home”
· Blue Öyster Cult – “Burnin’ For You”
· Bush – “Machinehead”
· Buzzcocks – “What Do I Get?”
· Children Of Bodom – “If You Want Peace… Prepare For War”
· Creedence Clearwater Revival – “Fortunate Son”
· The Cure – “Fascination Street”
· Deep Purple – “Burn”
· Def Leppard – “Pour Some Sugar On Me (Live)”
· Dethklok – “Bloodlines”
· The Dillinger Escape Plan – “Setting Fire To Sleeping Giants”
· Dire Straits – “Money For Nothing”
· DragonForce – “Fury of the Storm”
· Drowning Pool – “Bodies”
· Edgar Winter– “Free Ride”
· Fall Out Boy – “Dance, Dance”
· Five Finger Death Punch – “Hard To See”
· Flyleaf – “Again”
· Foo Fighters – “No Way Back”
· Foreigner – “Feels Like The First Time”
· George Thorogood and The Destroyers – “Move It On Over (Live)”
· The Hives – “Tick Tick Boom”
· Interpol – “Slow Hands”
· Jane’s Addiction – “Been Caught Stealing”
· Jethro Tull – “Aqualung”
· John 5 – “Black Widow Of La Porte”
· KISS – “Love Gun”
· Linkin Park – “Bleed It Out”
· Lynyrd Skynyrd – “Call Me The Breeze (Live)”
· Megadeth – “Sudden Death”
· Megadeth – “Holy Wars… The Punishment Due”
· Megadeth – “This Day We Fight!”
· Metallica & Ozzy Osbourne – “Paranoid (Live)”
· Muse – “Uprising”
· My Chemical Romance – “I’m Not Okay (I Promise)”
· Neil Young – “Rockin’ In The Free World”
· Nickelback – “How You Remind Me”
· Night Ranger – “(You Can Still) Rock In America”
· Nine Inch Nails – “Wish”
· The Offspring – “Self Esteem”
· Orianthi – “Suffocated”
· Pantera – “I’m Broken”
· Phoenix – “Lasso”
· Poison – “Unskinny Bop”
· Queen – “Bohemian Rhapsody”
· Queensrÿche – “Jet City Woman”
· Rammstein – “Waidmanns Heil”
· The Ramones – “Theme From Spiderman”
· Red Rider – “Lunatic Fringe”
· R.E.M. – “Losing My Religion”
· Rise Against – “Savior”
· The Rolling Stones – “Stray Cat Blues”
· The Runaways – “Cherry Bomb”
· Rush – “2112 Pt. 1 – Overture”
· Rush – “2112 Pt. 2 – The Temples Of Syrinx”
· Rush – “2112 Pt. 3 – Discovery”
· Rush – “2112 Pt. 4 – Presentation”
· Rush – “2112 Pt. 5 – Oracle: The Dream”
· Rush – “2112 Pt. 6 – Soliloquy”
· Rush – “2112 Pt. 7 – Grand Finale”
· RX Bandits – “It’s Only Another Parsec…”
· Silversun Pickups – “There’s No Secrets This Year”
· Slash featuring Ian Astbury – “Ghost”
· Slayer – “Chemical Warfare”
· Slipknot – “Psychosocial”
· Snot – “Deadfall”
· Soundgarden – “Black Rain”
· Steve Vai – “Speeding” (Vault Version)
· Stone Temple Pilots – “Interstate Love Song”
· Strung Out – “Calling”
· Styx – “Renegade”
· Sum 41 – “Motivation”
· Tesla – “Modern Day Cowboy”
· Them Crooked Vultures – “Scumbag Blues”
· Third Eye Blind – “Graduate”
· Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – “Listen To Her Heart”
· Twisted Sister – “We’re Not Gonna Take It”
· The Vines – “Get Free”
· The White Stripes – “Seven Nation Army”
· ZZ Top – “Sharp Dressed Man (Live)”
In Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, join with friends on an epic rock journey to save rock. Featuring an impressive 90+ track set list and a host of all-new gameplay features, living room legends and their friends can strum, drum and wail in the most immersive music videogame experience to date. Delivering the quintessential rock music collection that focuses on guitar shredding hits from bands such as Black Sabbath, Slipknot and Megadeth and larger-than-life band anthems from Queen, Muse and KISS, players can unleash more rewards and unlockable content than ever before in Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock’s Quest Mode, the franchise’s first ever story-based mode, and Quickplay+, which invites challenge-starved fanatics to test their rock skills. Running on the powerful Guitar Hero engine that has been expanded and refined and with encores from the critically-acclaimed and fan favorite gameplay features that made Guitar Hero one of the most popular franchises of all-time – such as Party Play, Competitive modes and any combination of up to four instruments – the game offers a complete interactive and connected experience bringing friends and foes to the stage in the ultimate rock music experience.
Welcome to Hollow Wish… On the surface, it’s your typical lawless frontier. Yet this mysterious shell planetoid is filled with dark secrets and cloaked figures. It’s here Kit Ballard works as one of the best bounty hunters in the business. Don’t let her pink hair fool you, Kit is part cat, part girl, and wholly lethal. She is one of the last of her species, having fled her homeland after the genocide of her people at the hands of the ancient and mystical race known as the Darques.
Kit has since made a name for herself rounding up some of the most deadly scum in the galaxy. With her unique Darque Blade hovering at her side and obeying her every command, Kit can cut through even the toughest rogue drone while hunting down soft targets. Also along for the ride is Skiffy, Kit’s laid-back little sidekick who, when needed, serves as her protector.
Join Kit, Skiffy and the Darque Blade in the all new action adventure game… “Blade KittenTM”
* Pick up-and-play arcade action. Players can jump right in and easily begin exploring and fighting their way through large levels offering multiple paths loaded with secret areas and hidden collectables.
* 19 levels including 3 exploration levels with Noot (a rideable alien mount). A two part mini-series available exclusively via digital distribution.
* Straight forward platform side-scroller. Harkens back to the simpler side scrolling games of yesteryear but with the depth that modern players demand.
* Intuitive “scramble style” exploration. Kit’s innate feline abilities enable her to easily traverse environments. Her free-running meets rock-climbing style movement is designed to encourage players to explore the dangerous world of Hollow Wish.
* Dramatic Narrative and Powerful Visual Direction. Blade Kitten goes well beyond most downloadable titles to deliver a strong narrative, in-engine cut-scenes, and a colorful, frenetic visual style that will be embraced by anime fans and casual gamers.
* Fully voiced dialogue. Featuring a cast of 9 professional voice actors playing a total of 23 characters, each scripted sequence is fully voiced by Los Angeles based voice talent.
* AI sidekick assistance. In certain locations, players can direct Kit’s sidekick “Skiffy” to assist them in combat, puzzle-solving, and in the collection of items.
* From million-selling game creator Steve Stamatiadis. The Blade Kitten universe is the creation of Krome Co-Founder and Creative Director Steve Stamatiadis, his first new Intellectual Property since creating the multi-million selling “TY the Tasmanian Tiger TM” series.
The action adventure game for teens will be pawing at the doors of XBOX360 and PS3 owners from next month and also waiting patiently on top of fridges for PC owners. It will be brought to you by Atari on behalf of KROME Studios the developers.
Here is the trailer to the recently announced Playstation 3 title Mass Effect 2.
Keep an eye on GhostStorm Gaming News for more on Mass Effect 2 on the Playstation 3 but in the mean time here is some news that I know already. Its going to be out just after christmas. The PlayStation 3 edition of Mass Effect 2 will include the full Mass Effect 2 game and a few extra hours of bonus content.
Criterion Games, the creator of the ever popular BURNOUT series today announced a Limited Edition version of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, it promises to be the hottest action racing game. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit is bringing the intensity of cops vs. racers to the connected generation. The Limited Edition features six of the world’s fastest cars that players can use to race and chase their friends, right out of the box. Unlike many of the other Limited Edition games this one will be the same price as the standard edition so its very much added value for speed junkies, while supplies last, of course.
The six exotic cars in the Limited Edition are the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione, Ford Shelby GT500, Audi TT RS Coupé, Chevrolet Camaro SS, Porsche Cayman S and Dodge Challenger SRT8. The Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione and Ford Shelby GT500 are only available in the Limited Edition – and will not be available at any other time. For those unfortunate players who miss the opportunity to pick up the Limited Edition, the Audi TT RS Coupé, Chevrolet Camaro SS, Porsche Cayman S and Dodge Challenger SRT8 can be unlocked by leveling up in the game.
These high-powered racing machines give players a day-one advantage when they compete – and beat – their friends on the open road. Whether playing in real-time live multiplayer or challenging and comparing races with friends offline, Limited Edition owners have an edge over their friends – an especially important benefit since the game is all about the connected social experience. At the heart of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit is a groundbreaking network called Autolog that tracks cop and racer performances and uses those statistics to generate fierce competition between friends by dynamically changing the way they play the game. By having the fastest cars on the road, players can challenge their friends, destroy their times and bask in the glory of their humiliation.
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit recently won the prestigious ‘Best Racing Game’ award at the Electronic Entertainment Expo from the Game Critics Awards. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit will be available on Nov. 19, 2010 in the UK on the Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system, PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system and PC. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit will also be available on the Wii and is being developed by Exient.
If you are a Sims fanatic and just want to see what its going to look like on the PS3,Wii, XBOX 360 and DS ahead of its OCTOBER release then here you go have a look at these….
Somethings gone wrong:
In The Sims 3 for console and handheld, players will be able to create Sims with unique personalities, fulfill their desires…or not, and control their lives within a living neighborhood. Additionally, all-new features make it easier than ever to mess with life as players can unlock the ultimate “Karma Powers” for instant control and unleash them on their Sims. Players can help their Sim “get lucky,” bless them with “instant beauty” or be deviant and curse them with an “epic fail.” But players should use these powers wisely—they may have unexpected results and karma may come back to bite.
Rich, immersive gameplay is complimented with a seamlessly integrated exchange system on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 platforms where gamers will be more connected than ever before as they design, build, and share their creations and download content from other players around the world without ever leaving the game.** Facing short and long term challenges, players will reap rewards and trophies and can even share achievements with friends by connecting to Facebook**.
Exclusive to the Wii version, players will be able to enjoy an all-new beach town with unique residents, traits, careers and lifetime wishes. For the first time ever, players can enjoy The Sims 3 with friends by going head to head in the new “Life Moments” game to earn rewards. Finally, players will also enjoy several adventure quests, as the game will challenge them to explore their town and discover the secrets therein.
Never before seen on Nintendo DS, players can use the stylus to build their Sims’ homes with tools, draw walls and floors, and customize virtually everything from décor objects, textures, and more. Players will use the stylus to sculpt their Sims’ facial features, choose hair styles and clothing, and dictate personalities in the most robust Create a Sim yet for a handheld game. In “Story Mode,” players will control multiple Sims within a family and enjoy life’s special moments. For the first time ever on the Nintendo DS, players can enjoy a complete life simulation as they guide their Sims through completing challenges to unlock additional items, new buildings and landmarks, and more.
“The Sims series continues to be one of the most successful videogames of all time by providing universally appealing content and focusing on the player’s imagination, emergent gameplay mechanics, and the innate humor evident in the virtual world of The Sims,” said Scott Evans, General Manager of The Sims Studio. “We’re building on this foundation and applying new features that will make for a robust, deep and rewarding gameplay experience. I’m extremely proud of the game that the team is making and can’t wait to bring these exciting new features like “Karma Powers” to life and get them into players’ hands.”
So you probably got used to using your regular controllers for your Wii, XBox 360 or PS3. That is what most people did and many of them never thought much of it either. Well these modders just couldn’t settle for standard, and they had to take matters in to their own hands to mod their controllers to do what they wanted them to do.
The following 17 game console controllers have been modded in ways which left them much different than their original forms.
- The Wiimote AK-47 Mod
This Wiimote mod really takes Wii first person shooters to the next level. It has a Wiimote IR sensor modded into the muzzle, along with a function trigger.
- The Full Body Wiimote Controller Suit
This mod was made a musician, and it allows the Wiimote to respond to movements from your body. Just think about the possibilities.
- The Super-Sized NES Controller Mod
This Super-Sized NES controller is fully functional, allowing you to palm the buttons instead of having to use your fingers. No more numb thumbs.
- Motorola SLVR Cell Phone Modded to Fit Inside NES Controller
Yeah this guy is really making a phone call with what appears to be an NES controller. He has actually modded his Motorola SLVR to fit inside an old NES controller.
- The Wiimote Controlled Smart Home
This modded Wii allows this Smart Home to be controlled by a Wiimote. It can be used to control the lighting, security cameras, media playback, the cable box and the DVR.
- Guitar Hero Guitar Controller with a 7″ Touchscreen LCD In It
This Guitar Hero guitar has a 7″ touchscreen built into it, allowing you to see a mirror image of whatever you would see on the TV.
- Wireless NES and SNES Controllers for Your Wii
These modded NES and SNES controllers work with both the Wii and the Gamecube.
- The Colt .45 Edition Wiimote Mod
This Wiimote mod was made using aluminum, and it was modeled after the Colt .45 pistol. I think you know what kind of games this ones for.
- Xbox 360 Controller Modded for FPS Games
This guy modded an XBox 360 controller to be more comfortable when playing FPS games. He “moved the right hand stick to be level with the left and moved all of the buttons to the back.” I am still scratching my head about this one.
- Jumbo Tablet PC Controllers for Nintendo DS
This mod uses two tablet PC screens to control a Nintendo DS. It can also send screenshots of anything on screen to a PC.
- The Wiimote Bow and Arrow
This bow and arrow has a Wiimote integrated into it and it is supposed to be sweet for Zelda type games. (Image: Gizmodo.com)
- Guitar Hero Pedal Controllers by Ben Heck
So the uber modder, Ben Heck, decided it would be cool to play some Guitar Hero with his feet sometimes. Then he made these. Mission accomplished.
- The One Handed XBox 360 Controller
This XBox 360 controller has been modded to allow you to control your XBox 360 with just one hand. This one is also made by Ben Heck.
- Atari 2600 Controller Modded into Remote Control for the TV
This simple mod turned the Atari 2600 joystick into a remote for this guys wall mounted TV. Check out the video here.
- Wiimote Modded to Work With XBox 360
Ever wanted to control your XBox 360 with your Wiimote? Well this Wiimote has been modded to do just that. (Source: Engadget.com)
- iPod Shuffle and NES Controller in One
This NES controller has been modded to play MP3s, using the internals from an iPod shuffle. How is that for a retro MP3 player?
- The NES Zapper Computer Mouse
This NES Zapper gun has been modded to work as a mouse. According to the modder, this is “a must have for any hipster kid from the 80′s.”
The demo download will be live from August 16th for Xbox Live users and PSN subscribers can download it from the 18th August.
Tom Clancy’s HAWX 2 demo will offer the 2 single player missions. The details of both missions are:
“Take to the air as a Russian pilot sent to intercept a group of stolen aircraft high above the Caucasus Mountains, a hot spot on the world conflict radar, you will be playing a Russian pilot in this mission part of the new multinational cinematic story narrative in H.A.W.X. 2.”
Seek and Destroy
“Playing from the perspective of the elite U.S. H.A.W.X. squadron deployed to settle conflict spilling over in Africa, you are tasked with taking out specific targets with smart ammunition at night. Take off from a carrier under the cover of night and strike against a weapon smuggling operation using precision guided laser bombs.”
The Tom Clancy’s HAWX 2 is set to release on 3rd September in Europe, the UK and South Africa. And according to some online retailers the US release is set for 7th September.