Category Archives: 360
Format: XBOX360(version reviewed)
Hits the Shelves: 9th July 2010
Developer: Ruffian Games
Creedence Clearwater Revivial will have their debut on the ever expanding game that is Rock Band.
With more than 400 artists, including Jimi Hendrix, The Who, AC/DC and Green Day, who are exclusive to Rock Band, as well as more than 1,500 songs available through the Rock Band platform and 70 million songs sold through its download store alone, Rock Band is the undisputed sales and content leader in the interactive music space, providing the deepest and best selection of artists, songs and albums.
Welcome to the review of yet another Activision title, this time it’s not a Call of Duty. It’s beyond that. This time we are travelling to Cybertron to take part in WAR!
Lady GaGa, Rihanna, Pussycat Dolls, Maroon 5, Duran Duran AND MORE Get Parties Rockin’ With New Jams For GUITAR HERO and DJ HERO
Axe shredding rockaholics, virtual mix maestros and all of their friends will come together and party this weekend with new downloadable content for Activision’s Guitar Hero® and DJ Hero®. Available today and featuring some of the biggest hits from global pop sensations such as Lady Gaga, Pussycat Dolls, Rihanna, Duran Duran and Maroon 5, the Pop 1 Track Pack for the Guitar Hero Music Library and the DJ Hero Dance Party Mix Pack will provide hours of nonstop, party rockin’, beat blastin’ entertainment for everyone to enjoy.
Setting the ones and twos ablaze today, the DJ Hero Dance Party Mix Pack delivers a trio of new mixes – Lady Gaga’s “Poker Face” Mixed With “Girls On Film” by Duran Duran, Pussycat Dolls’ “Buttons” beat juggle and Rihanna’s “S.O.S.” beat juggle – that will have digital DJ’s spinning, scratching and battling their parties to the next level.
Guitar Hero fans looking to pick up their axes, grab their drum sticks or rock the mic right are in for a treat this weekend with a trio of hit pop artists in the Pop 1 Track Pack for the Guitar Hero Music Library that will have these budding musicians rocking out with all their friends to Lady Gaga’s club anthem, “Just Dance,” Maroon 5′s hit single, “This Love” and the Synthpop hit, “Fireflies,” by Owl City.
The Guitar Hero Pop 1 Track Pack will be available on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the PlayStation®Store for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and for Wii™. All songs in the track pack will also be released as downloadable singles for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION 3 system and Wii.
The DJ Hero Dance Party Mix Pack will be available on Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3 system. All mixes will be released as downloadable singles for Wii.
For more information about Guitar Hero and the entire line-up of downloadable songs and disc imports, please visit www.guitarhero.com.
We know that games don’t stay on the top of the charts forever but what doesn’t usually happen is a LEGO game knocking off who ever is at the top. However in somethhing like a tale from a book or a plot to a storyline Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 has swooped into the charts and gone straight to the top. Red Dead Redemption was number on the game charts for about 5 weeks and did not look like it was about to be side lined by the Hogwarts kids.
Even one of the most talked about games, Naughty Bear didn’t manage to get up there and that remains at number 5. So here is what the chart looks like now.
- 01 LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
- 02 Red Dead Redemption
- 03 Super Mario Galaxy 2
- 04 2010 FIFA World Cup
- 05 Naughty Bear
- 06 Demon’s Souls
- 07 Just Dance
- 08 Transformers: War for Cybertron
- 09 Battlefield: Bad Company 2
- 10 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Quite spell binding really.
The ultimate emcee experience for video game consoles, Def Jam Rapstar is the only music game that focuses exclusively on Hip Hop. With more than 40 of the greatest Hip Hop songs available at release, Def Jam Rapstar allows you to be the star: by rhyming, using your console camera, and uploading your video to the fully integrated Def Jam Rapstar community at www.defjamrapstar.com. Def Jam Rapstar also offers you the ability to freestyle over tracks by some of the hottest hip hop producers and upload your freestyle performances for the world to decide how good you really are.
- Def Jam Rapstar is the first music game fully dedicated to Hip Hop
- With over 40 songs spanning the history of Hip Hop, Def Jam Rapstar offers a diverse track list with some of the biggest songs in Hip Hop from all music labels
- Unlike most other microphone-based games, Def Jam Rapstar features custom, proprietary voice recognition technology that judge’s lyrical accuracy. In addition to lyrical accuracy, Def Jam Rapstar also measures players pitch and timing to provide your complete score in real time
- Utilizing the Xbox Live Vision camera or PlayStation Eye, Def Jam Rapstar allows you to create a video of the performance starring yourself, edit, and then upload to www.defjamrapstar.com, a fully integrated online community where players can share their videos with the world to gain global recognition and become a bona fide rapstar!
- Freestyle mode allows MC’s in the making to kick your own lyrics over well-known producer’s beats, offering a chance to show and prove that you have what it takes
- Battle Mode allows you to compete locally head-to-head for the highest score, and Duet mode, where both players sing and rap together to achieve the highest combined score on any given song
- Compatible with all 3rd party microphones on the market
INITIAL CONFIRMED DEF JAM RAPSTAR GAMEPLAY TRACKS INCLUDE
2 Pac I Get Around
50 Cent I Get Money
Biz Markie Just A Friend
Das Bo Türlich, Türlich *German exclusive
Dizzee Rascal Fix Up, Look Sharp *UK exclusive
Dr. Dre featuring Snoop Dogg Nuthin’ But a “G” Thang
Drake Best I Ever Had
Ice Cube Today Was A Good Day
Kanye West featuring Jamie Foxx Gold Digger
Kool Savas Futurama *German exclusive
Lil’ Wayne A Milli
Notorius B.I.G. Juicy
NTM featuring Lord Ko Ma Benz *French exclusive
Outkast So Fresh, So Clean
Oxmo Puccino Mama Love *French exclusive
Pete Rock and CL Smooth They Reminisce Over You (T.R.O.Y.)
Redman and Method Man Da Rockwilder
Salt-N-Pepa Push It
Sefyu Molotov 4 *French exclusive
Sido Mein Block (Beathoavenz remix) *German exclusive
Slick Rick Children’s Story
T.I. featuring Rihanna Live Ya Life
Tinchy Stryder feat. N-Dubz Number 1 *UK exclusive
Tinie Tempah Pass Out *UK exclusive
Wu Tang Clan C.R.E.A.M.
Young Jeezy featuring Kanye West Put On
DJ Premier JJ
The great folks over at Ubisoft have released a load more imagery for Assassins Creed:Brotherhood.
More images here.
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED!
Here at GhostStorm HQ thanks to Electronic Arts I have got 2 Medal of Honor BETA KEYS to GIVEAWAY, one per person.
In order to win you need to make sure you follow the COMPETITION RULES and then tweet the following.
“I just entered the competition to win access to Medal of Honor Beta via @GSGN http://bit.ly/MOHBeta”
Once that is done come and reply below and include your twitter name so I can verify it.
Then wait until 10am SATURDAY 19TH JUNE 2010.
The instructions for the beta are below.
1. Go to www.medalofhonor.com/beta
2. Follow the on-screen instructions
3. Enter your unique code when prompted
4. You will receive a live code on your selected platform (appears to currently be restricted to PC or PS3)
p.s The Beta starts on all platforms on 21st June 2010.
I have mentioned to a tight circle of MJ fans of mine on Twitter that NAVI has been working with SONY on a Michael Jackson game. I know this because he has pictures on his website.
Anyway, it appears that Ubisoft have teamed up with MJ’s estate and will be releasing a game in time for Christmas. So what kind of character could Michael be, maybe he is the next Sam Fisher or the lead in Assassins Creed perhaps?
Well no its none of them actually. The game is going to be essentially a “dance karaoke” … which means gamers will see Michael Jackson dancing on screen and will then be challenged to imitate his moves.
The game will be available on multiple platforms including Wii and Xbox 360. The Xbox version will incorporate Microsoft’s new Kinect motion capture technology,which will allow the gamer to play without holding a controller.
Also in the Xbox version, the gamer will be judged based on full body movements. The game will process the movements and display the gamer’s avatar on screen … dancing right next to the King of Pop Michael Jackson.
And there’s more — the game also includes a karaoke feature, in which gamers can sing MJ songs like “Billie Jean” … and even mess around with their voice thanks to an autotune feature.
EA have finally decided to relaunch one of their more popular NFS titles ‘Hot Pursuit’ which was also known as ‘High Stakes’. The promise that Hot Cars + Your Friends = Endless Competition so we’ll see soon enough!
The game is scheduled for release in November of THIS YEAR and will be available on the Wii,PS3 and Xbox360 also the PC. the tile also sees the game head back to the streets, where it belongs in my opinion. So who is heading up this task? well its non other than Criterion Games the creators of the Burnout Series that has entertained us in a car crash frenzy for several years. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit brings the franchise back to its roots with intense cops vs. racer chases. Criterion also ups the ante with the introduction of an all-new online network called Need for Speed Autolog where players compare racing stats and automatically get personalized gameplay recommendations from their friends– a feature that is poised to transform online racing for the connected generation.
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit players will experience the thrill of the chase and the rush of the escape as they play through full careers as both a cop and a racer – solo or connected. The high speed busts and heart-stopping getaways are all connected via Need for Speed Autolog. This network not only connects friends for epic head-to head pursuits and races, but also enables players to compare performances and stats, thereby setting the stage for the ultimate in social competition.
Craig Sullivan, Creative Director of the game said:
“At Criterion, we’ve been playing Need for Speed since it was first introduced on 3DO. We are honored and excited by the opportunity to reinvent the franchise for today’s connected audience. Our goal has been to create cops vs. racers pursuits that are so fun, fast and exciting it really brings to life the adrenaline and intensity of the high speed cop pursuit experience with your friends”.
The Wii version will be developed by Exient.
Some images have been released too so lets take a look shall we!
ALL images are reduced in size.
- Career – For the first time in Need for Speed history, players will experience the gripping and heart-racing action of both cops and racers. Hot Pursuit seamlessly links a tremendously deep and fully-defined single player career with a groundbreaking multiplayer experience across all race modes. In the end, whether playing online with friends, taking on friends challenges or the single player career, players will earn bounty that levels them up and unlocks new cars, weapons and equipment.
- Need For Speed Autolog – In Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, your friends drive your gameplay experience. Need for Speed Autolog is a revolutionary system that connects friends directly to each other’s games, enabling them to compare and share all their experiences, pictures and challenges. Need for Speed Autolog instinctively delivers challenges based on what your friends have been doing, creating a hugely dynamic, socially competitive experience.
- Weapons and Equipment – Enhance the intensity of the pursuit using multiple weapons as the heat level increases during a pursuit. Whether taking down suspects with a variety of cop weapons or using evasion equipment as a racer to outsmart the cops, players will always have a method for gaining an edge over their opponent.
- Cars – In Hot Pursuit, the cars go from hot to hotter. Experience the thrill of driving the world’s most desirable high performance cars at incredible speeds. Feel the power of busting suspects in supercharged cop interceptors like the Lamborghini Reventon or outsmarting the law as a racer in high performance supercars like the Pagani Zonda Cinque.
- Seacrest County – Explore a world as diverse as the California coastline with desert, forest, seaside and mountainous regions. The open world of Seacrest County is designed to create the most intense pursuit experiences ever found in a racing game.