Zombie Driver HD Now Available On XBLA & Steam
EXOR Studios, an independent game development company is proud to announce that Zombie Driver HD is now available on Xbox LIVE Arcade and Steam for 800MSP/$9.99.
What Is Zombie Driver?
It is an insane mix of cars, speed, explosions, blood and zombies! Fight through an epic narrative campaign or test yourself in the Slaughter and Blood Race modes. Engage huge bosses, save survivors, drive crazy vehicles such as a bulldozer, fire truck or even a tank and smash everything in your way. Take part in the Blood Race tournament – chase other cars and take them down without mercy on brutal racing tracks. Jump into the Slaughter mode and survive as long as possible on specially crafted arenas.
NEW LAUNCH TRAILER
Zombie Driver was first released on the PC platform in December 2009. The game back then took about 4 hours to finish. Zombie Driver HD is a hugely expanded and improved new release and includes more than three times the content of the original. Depending on the player it could take about 8-12h to finish the story mode now. All those who already own the original Zombie Driver will be able to purchase it on Steam at a 50% discount.
The release of the Android version for Nvidia Tegra powered devices on Google Play has been moved towards the next week. The PlayStation 3 version of the game is currently in the final stage of development and it’s release date will be announced soon.
EXOR Studios received a lot of questions about the differences between the old PC version and the new HD version. Here is a short description of the things that were improved in the past 2 years:
- The original game had 17 missions – the HD version has 31 missions with much more gameplay variety.
- In the HD version, there are multiple different objectives like defending against waves of zombies, epic boss fights, spraying anti zombie repellent, driving special vehicles like the military truck, the tank or the bulldozer as well as bombing missions.
- The city is a lot more alive in this version because there are moving military vehicles, soldiers fighting with zombies or birds feeding on corpses. A bunch of in game cut scenes tells much more about the story than the previous version did.
- New enemies have been introduced in the form of zombie spawning infected buses, cargo containers or huge mutated mounds of flesh. The game is a lot more focused on using weapons against zombies which improves the pacing.
- There is a new Mission Select option that allows to play any mission with any already unlocked car, weapon or upgrade. The minimap is also one of the additions that were made to the HD version along with a large city overview map accessible at any time.
- Additional vehicles depending on the platform of your choosing.
- On Steam players can mow down zombies using a faithful recreation of the rescue van from the Left for Dead’s Crash Course Campaign.
- On the Xbox 360 players are awarded with an exclusive super charged Hot Rod sports car.
- All DLC from the original game is also available in the HD release.
Further Features Include:
- - Epic story campaign with 31 diverse missions featuring boss fights, night missions, special vehicles and more…
- Blood Race mode with 30 unique events offering the best arcade racing experience in 3 distinct game types:
Race – classic racing spiced up with guns and loads of zombies
Eliminator – take down as many vehicles as you can before the time runs out
Endurance – there is a bomb on your car and its ticking. Race through checkpoints to extend your time
- Survive endless zombie waves on 7 twisted slaughter arenas
- Drive 13 insane zombie killing machines including a school bus, a fire truck, a bulldozer or even a tank
- 9 different upgrades, which can transform an innocent Taxi into a Chariot of Death
- Vehicle mounted weapons including miniguns, flamethrowers, rocket launchers or even dual railguns
- All weapons have 3 upgrade levels which come with unique features
- Dynamic combo system with tricks to help fight off the hordes of zombies
- ..and PhysX by NVIDIA